Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Beat the heat

The Deputy Headmistress likes to ask, "What do you have in your hand?" What we had in our hands (paws?) was a box of store-brand lemon herb tea that none of us liked--comments on the flavour ranged from "lemon dishwater" to "furniture polish."

One thing we do like is the Hillbilly Housewife's iced tea recipe. The Apprentice in particular likes a nice tall glass of it with ice. So it's not surprising that this was her idea: why not use up some of that lemon tea by combining it with regular (orange pekoe) tea bags in iced tea?

And she was right--it's a nice addition. Miss Maggie recommends 6 to 8 regular teabags to 8 cups of water, so I used 4 regular along with 3 lemon.

(Of course, if you didn't have lemon teabags sitting around, you could just squeeze some lemon juice into the iced tea.)

3 comments:

Gem said...

I just made iced tea and wasn't happy with the way it turned out. I was thinking I should find the Hillbilly Housewife's recipe. And now I don't have to find it. Thanks!

Gem said...

I just tried to go to HH's site, it seems to be down!

Mama Squirrel said...

Yes, I noticed that too--don't know why.

Related Posts with Thumbnails