Sunday, August 05, 2007

One joy scatters a thousand griefs

It's been a somewhat tumultuous week. Some of us are rejoicing greatly, some are dealing with tremendous difficulties and pain. (There are some of you we are lifting up as often as we think of you, and you know who you are.)

Yesterday would have been my grandmother's 98th birthday; she passed away just before her birthday seven years ago, and I still miss her and Grandpa greatly. We made a pan of chocolate macaroons in her honour, from the recipe card she wrote out years ago (sorry, Grandma, I do cut back on the sugar). And yesterday my FarAwaySis gave birth to my first-ever nephew; he arrived a bit ahead of schedule, but I think he picked the perfect day.

So I can sign this:

Aunt Squirrel.

1 comment:

A Dusty Frame said...

Thank you for your prayers. They mean so much to us.

Lizzie

Related Posts with Thumbnails