Thursday, December 27, 2007

Sign this woman up to teach parenting

Elisheva at Ragamuffin Studies had a tricky situation to deal with, and says a lot as well about how we can make snap judgments about each others' kids...or each other. Read carefully what she said to her own son about what happened...there's a good example there for anyone who gets into something similar and wants to parent wisely but without destroying a child's spirit.

(Yes, I used "parent" as a verb. Yes, I know people frown on that. But would you really have wanted that sentence any longer?)

2 comments:

momof3feistykids said...

I've gotten to where I use "parent" as a verb all the time without batting an eyelash.
:-) This "verbing" thing comes quite naturally to me these days.

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Thanks for the link. I am quite amazed at myself because even 5 years ago I could not have done it that way.

As for parenting, well, I used to insist on calling it "mothering," but parent has become a verb as well as noun, regardless of my stubborn resistance. So I now use the term because everyone understands what I mean.

Related Posts with Thumbnails