Saturday, January 05, 2008

Not much difference (this is for Melissa)

Overheard in Squirreldom:

Squirrel 1: It's Epiphany this weekend.

Squirrel 2: That's the Three Kings, right?

Squirrel 3: Mom said we could maybe have medieval food. Or you could have, you know, like what the Three Kings ate.

Squirrel 1: Oh no, like on Arthur's Christmas?

Squirrel 2: Give me another piece of camel.

Squirrel 1: No, like what Arthur's dad really made.

Squirrel 3: Hummus.

Squirrel 1: Ewww. That's part of a sheep's insides...

Squirrel 2: No it isn't.

Squirrel 1: Yes it is. Martha ate hummus.

All the squirrels puzzle over this one...

Squirrel 2: You mean haggis!

Squirrel 3: Hummus is just chickpea dip. You've had hummus.

Squirrel 1: Oh. Phew.

4 comments:

Birdie said...

Too cute and TOO funny!

Melissa Wiley said...

I laughed out loud! :) And I'm with the squirrels. Give me hummus over haggis any day.

JacciM said...

HA! Very funny critters, those squirrelings :)

Wanted to send out a little call for submissions for the upcoming Charlotte Mason Blog Carnival. We're coming back from a holiday break and I'd love to see a good turnout for Donna-Jean (she's hosting). If you have something to submit, that would be great! If you'd like to post a little request for submissions, that'd be extra great :)

Hope you all had a great snow week!

Thanks!
Jacci

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

ROTFL!

Oh, I needed that laugh, I did!
I love hummus and I've never had haggis. And that's just fine with me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails