Saturday, February 16, 2008

Menus for this week

This week I'm planning on trying a few jazzed-up vegetable recipes along with some of our usual main dishes. The supermarket has pork on sale again and we also got some good deals on ground beef and chicken breasts.

Saturday: Chili
Sunday: (probably) Ham, pork or sausages; mashed potatoes; vegetables
Monday: Baked salmon, brown rice, Maple Mustard Carrots (Canadian Living Feb /08)
Tuesday: Ham or pork or sausages; Perogies; Lemon Kale (CL Feb /08) (no chickpeas this time since it's just a side dish)
Wednesday: Chicken salad on a bun (CL Feb /08) (without the apple; I liked it but everybody else complained); Carroty Soup (or tomato soup in a pinch)
Thursday: Meat loaf, Twice Baked Parmesan Sweet Potatoes (CL Feb /08), salad (using parsley instead of rosemary in the sweet potatoes)
Friday: Lasagna, garlic bread sticks, salad
Saturday: Baked orange chicken, vegetable barley pilaf (Canadian Living October /07)

Snack ideas / desserts

Soft pretzels (recipes everywhere, but I found one in CL Oct /07)
Homemade graham bars or Breakfast-in-a-Cookie
Orange-date bars (a sugar-free recipe from Vegetarian Times)
Fruit juice gelatin
Prune-banana loaf (I've found this one doesn't transition well into muffins--the outsides are too tough.)
Cheese sticks, crackers, liverwurst, fresh fruit, carrot sticks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please, please tell me how you get everyone in your house to eat the same meal.

I have one teenage vegetarian and one pre-teen who doesn't like sour cream, tomatoes, sauerkraut, pork, beef, olives, onions, or fish.

My DH will eat almost everything.

I force the kids to eat their veggies, but I am TIRED of making a beef stew that only DH and I will eat, while the kids happily eat PB&jelly ... again.

Advice would be appreciated.

Jora

Related Posts with Thumbnails