Friday, April 03, 2009

Conference Weekend!

Tomorrow is our annual homeschooling conference--one of the highlights of the year for me! Not because there are so many books to buy--I won't be buying much this year, although browsing is fun; not because of the workshops, although lots of them sound interesting; not even because I get to yell Hi to some of the friends that I only get to see this one time a year; but just because it's such a blast getting a thousand homeschooling parents together for the day.

Some might think that scary:











I just call it Professional Development.
P.S. I was going to dress my avatar up for the occasion as well, but did you know that searching "jumper" in Yahoo Avatars comes up blank? How's that for discrimination?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I laughed out loud. About 18 years ago when our pastor's wife was homeschooling the two older children she came back from a convention and one of her comments was that she refused to wear a denim jumper.

I guess things haven't changed a whole lot!

Barb

Mama Squirrel said...

I don't even own a jumper. Maybe I should have added a picture of a pair of jeans.

At Home on the Rock... said...

Have fun at the conference! I'll miss being at the conference and miss seeing you.

Mama Squirrel said...

We'll miss you too--but Newfoundland is a bit far to come! (Though in the early years of the conference we did get some people driving up from the Maritimes. Homeschoolers can be a determined bunch.)

Mama Squirrel said...

Lovely comment from Ann @ HolyExperience, edited for squirrel names:

~smile~

All those denim jumpers --too fun, Mama Squirrel!

Seeing you was a highlight of my day yesterday -- and your kindesses deeply blessed me! To get the door for me, find a dolly to roll my haul of materials... and THEN! to think to bring the dolly back for me afterwards! Staggering grace --- from a truly beautiful heart. You made my experience yesterday infinitely easier.

I am indebted.

And may I say: you looked elegant in your jeans! ~warm smile~

Thank you for radiating grace!

Mama Squirrel said...

Ann, you're more than welcome--just sorry I couldn't make it for the workshop.

Lisa Beth W. said...

Oh! I was at that conference, too! I missed Ann's workshop, too, sadly. I have never met her, but have read her wonderful blog, and was so looking forward to hearing her, but I couldn't make it to that one.

Mama Squirrel said...

Hi Lisa Beth--did you enjoy the rest of the conference anyway?

Related Posts with Thumbnails