Monday, March 15, 2010

The Fireplace By Ponytails


Hi, it's Ponytails.
My Mama Squirrel says she doesn't like decorating our mantle, here is one of her set ups.

But that post was from a while ago. So when the Christmas stuff went down off the mantle I said I would do it for her. She said yes and this is what I did.





First thing I did was clear the candlesticks off because that's what was left after the Christmas stuff went away. She had gold candlesticks but I went into the dining room and found two white candlesticks with candles in them. Mama Squirrel had gotten a bag of craft stuff at a thrift store, so I took some little fabric daisies and put them over the candlesticks.



Then I spotted two clear wine glass and a light bulb went on. At first I just spaced them evenly on the mantle but then I remembered we had some nice looking brown books so I stacked that. Mama Squirrel had two little squirrels so I put those on. Then I thought about the nice hankies Mama Squirrel has so I tried stuffing two into the glasses but it didn't look right so I put them underneath the books. Then in the little craft bag Mama Squirrel bought I found two matching fake flowers.






What do you think?

~~Ponytails :)

3 comments:

Happy Campers said...

You did a fantastic job! I love your placement of the hankies and all the flowers are very pretty. Good job!!

Ang said...

Ponytails, what a lovely springtime arrangement. You did a great job! I think the squirrels were a very nice touch for Dewey's Treehouse fireplace mantel.
Ang in OKC

Ponytails said...

Thank You!

Related Posts with Thumbnails