Today there were lots of books coming in, and lots of empty shelves to fill, so it was a busy afternoon in the thrift store.
Crayons brought home a dress, a Christmas stocking, and a video.
Mama Squirrel found these books (among the ones she didn't chuck):
The most interesting one I didn't buy?
Earth Hell and Heaven: in the Art of William Kurelek, by Ilse Friesen. From Amazon.com: "William Kurelek is one of the most important and original painters of Canada. Many of his works now are housed in the major galleries of Canada and internationally. Kurelek's work is also an important exploration of the interface between the artist's religious and critical interpretations of modern technological and humanist culture."
Strangest item today: an unopened package of do-it-yourself divorce forms. I guess that means there was a happy ending?
- About Us
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- 2014 Christmas crafts photos and links
- Herbartianism Posts
- Charlotte Mason Education
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- L'Harmas 2014
- Plans for Grade Eight, 2014-2015
- Lydia's Grade Eight Posts
- Geography posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- A lot of frugal meals
- 18-Inch Dolls (and Crissy)
- Crocheting Posts
- Crochet Class Posts (2012)