Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Thrift store Wednesdays: Books, books, books

I spent this afternoon at the thrift store, unpacking and pricing books (I didn't even get to the computer work).  I got through quite a few boxes, and loaded up most of the shelves as well, but when I finished there seemed to be just as many left to unpack.  I guess it's that time of year.

Here's what came home today:

Albert Einstein and the Theory of Relativity, by Robert Cwiklik.  This is on Dollygirl's grade 6 Ambleside Online list, and it's one of the few required books that we didn't already have.  I was very happy about that!

Beyond the Reflection's Edge, by Bryan Davis (sorry, I cannot recommend this)

The Prism and the Pendulum: The Ten Most Beautiful Experiments in Science, by Robert P. Crease

Depression Era Recipes, by Patricia R. Wagner

Smart Muffins, by Jane Kinderlehrer

Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion.  Just for the pretty pictures.

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

The a prism and the Pendulum sounds very tempting. What age please?

Annie Kate said...

The Prism and the Pendulum intruiged me too. Glad you found the Einstein book as well!

Phyllis said...

I'm catching up on your blog again. Bryan Davis is a family friend, but I haven't read many of his books. What did you think of that one?

Mama Squirrel said...

Phyllis, I started this book and didn't finish it. I'll email you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails