Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thrift store Wednesdays: the books keep piling up

Piling up in the store, that is.  I unpiled a lot of them, and brought a few home:  two Brother Cadfael mysteries, and a couple of other books that I can't name.  (You'll have to check out the Christmas Secrets page for more details.  Unless you're a Squirrel or a Squirrelling--then it's hands off.)

I also found a set of six Christmas-green placemats, which we really needed...I love my blue patchwork ones that I found at the thrift store awhile back, but I was hoping for something different for the holidays.

Oh...we also picked up a video of The Hobbit--the Rankin-Bass animated one--for fifty cents.  Dollygirl has seen the trailer for the new Hobbit movie that's coming out next month, and she thinks it might be a little too intense.  So we'll watch this one instead (ignoring the groans from the Tolkien purists).

Most mis-shelved book today:  Doonesbury's Greatest Hits, sorted with the music books.

Strangest donation:  a picture book with big teeth bites out of it.  My guess is a dog, although I suppose it could be a paper-loving rabbit.  Really, you have to wonder what's in some people's minds.

1 comment:

Queen of Carrots said...

Loud groan for you to ignore. :-)

(Actually, I've never watched the animated one. :-D )

Related Posts with Thumbnails