Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Thrift Store Wednesdays: Dumpsters and more

Guess what I priced today?  A copy of John Hoffman's The Art and Science of Dumpster Diving, the book reviewed in The Tightwad Gazette II.  I had never seen a copy before.  It had a big crease in the cover, and that would normally mean recycle, but in this case I thought it was worth making an exception.  Actually, Dollygirl noticed it already sorted into a basket of kids' books.  Um, no.  The cover does look a bit cartoonish, but the language and subject matter are definitely adult, as in, frequently offensive.  But I'm sure someone will snap it up.

What I brought home:

Clouds of Witness & The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club, by Dorothy L. Sayers: a bind up of two Lord Peter mysteries

The Decorative Gift Boxes, by Jane Thomson: a book of punch-out paper boxes

The Nothing Album: an oversize hardcover book of blank paper, with its 1970's dust jacket still intact.  Seriously.  I can think of at least ten things to use it for.  Or it would make a fun gift.

This is the regular-sized version:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails