Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Thrift store Wednesday: jest 'fore Christmas

I sort of dropped the Crockpot--at least the Crock part of it--on my middle finger earlier today.  Just a bruise under the nail, but man, that hurt, and it wasn't the greatest thing for helping me lift heavy book boxes at the store either.

But I managed.

I also managed to stick to only a couple of real finds to bring home:

Walking with Frodo, by Sarah Arthur

20 Things You Should Read, by several authors, published by Tyndale.  "The revolutionary ideas of twenty of the most influential Christian thinkers and writers of all time."

The Natural Knitter: How to Choose, Use, and Knit Natural Fibers From Alpaca to Yak.  I'm a crocheter, not a knitter, and my regular yarn preserve is acrylic worsted.  But I do know someone else who would probably like this.

And that's it for the thrift store, 2012.  Next Wednesday they'll be closed for Boxing Day, so we'll start again in the new year.

1 comment:

Rena and Denny said...

Sorry about your finger. I hope it feels better soon. I'm big on thrift stores, too. I went to the Salvation Army today and found a small nativity set for $1. I also found a cute tweed jacket that I've picked up and looked at before on previous trips. And, I got a men's red plaid shirt. I was happy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails