Sunday, January 06, 2013

Educational Thoughts for Sunday: Two Posts

I don't care if they're "eggnog-soaked"--I enjoyed this post on What Real World? via a shout-out from Melissa Wiley. Disruptive, subversive education: yep, that echoes some thoughts I've been working on this week. (Longer post to come.) But as I've also said before: these days, just reading at all (and getting your kids to read) is enough to make you at least slightly subversive.

Also, check out "How to not raise a crank" on Sage Parnassus, which discusses Plato's Euthyphro and a chapter from Charlotte Mason's Volume Five.

1 comment:

Shaun said...

I look forward to your longer post. I've been part of some more organized efforts to "disrupt" institutional education, but it hasn't been easy. And then there are the days when I realize I am still de-schooling myself . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails