1. We have a VCR and we're still buying movies for it.
2. Our furnace needs replacing. Mr. Fixit was hoping the world would end December 21st so that we wouldn't have to worry about it, but it didn't, and so far the furnace is still running.
3. Windows XP is still a current operating system--isn't it?
4. We still have crayons and a few markers left over from the Apprentice's early years (so, maybe eighteen years old?), and an occasional pencil crayon going back to Mama Squirrel's school days. We like to do our schooling with very basic school supplies.
5. We like instant potatoes. As long as they're Idahoan.
6. Store-brand instant coffee tastes less bitter than name-brand.
7. We gave Dollygirl an old handkerchief and a pair of old socks for Christmas. (Well, they were made into things for a doll.)
8. I am still wearing the retro-ugly Phentex-yarn slippers I crocheted, I think it was six years ago? Something like these. That stuff Never Wears Out. Which is a good thing, in a way, because I'm a good crocheter but I have a hard time making slippers without lumpy toes.
9. If you thought I was going to get all the way to ten, you're wrong. Mr. Fixit has spent the last week recuperating from surgery (it went well), I'm just getting over the flu, and Dollygirl is a couple of days behind me on that. Eight is all my store-brand acetaminophen-fuddled brain can come up with right now. Or maybe that makes it nine.
You want to finish it off? Your suggestions...