Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Thrift store Wednesdays: mostly fiction!

I unpacked books like crazy this afternoon--I just had a feeling there would be some neat stuff in those banana boxes.

I filled a display rack with books about teaching; added several books about beads and making jewelry to the art section, and displayed a couple of books about weather--how we track it, why we complain about it.

(It's been a sloppy, snowy, melty,  cloudy, boot-soaking February.)

I don't often buy newer fiction, but some nice person sent in three books I've never read by writers I like or at least find worthwhile (it's hard to say that I actually liked Shusako Endo's The Silence, it isn't a book that you like in the sense of cozying up to it, it's more of a story that hits you in the teeth).

This is what came home:

A green zip-front Roxy sweatshirt for Dollygirl, from the dollar clearance rack--another volunteer pointed it out to us (photo to come)

A full-colour edition of Little House in the Big Woods, because our old one fell apart

When I Whistle, by Shusako Endo

The River Why, the first novel by David James Duncan, who wrote The Brothers K

Through a Glass Darkly, by Jostein Gaarder

Haydn, by Reba Paeff Mirsky

Janet Marsh's Nature Diary

Linked from Thrifty Tuesday at The Common Room.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails