Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Thrift store haul (or "Second-hand Pants"*)

I really needed fall pants. For one reason and another, my choices in the closet were very limited. I have also had little success lately finding anything at the used stores that fits.  A pullover, a blazer--yes. But jeans or other pants? It seems like everything in my size or close to it has been locked in some secret Size Eight, Short Person vault.

Until today, when we finally made it down to the MCC thrift store. I should have known.
Two pairs of jeans for $3 and $1, one pair of grey pants for $1, and another splurge pair for $6. So, good. I'm done shopping. And I can stop wondering if any pants that fit will return to my home planet.
I also found a pair of shoes, which was a nice bonus.

(I am planning on starting a fall Project 333 page soon. I was waiting on the pants.)

2 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I finally realized that I can get tops I like at the thrift stores and Goodwill when I can't brand new. What some think are out of date are what I love.

My daughter shops at thrift stores for jeans, too. (I have to wear loose slacks and shorts because my tummy is tender from taking insulin shots.)

Mama Squirrel said...

Hi Brenda! Thanks for stopping by!