Saturday, September 03, 2016

Good reading for today: Cindy on schools and education

On the Circe Institute blog: Cindy Rollins is interviewed about schools, homeschooling, and education, including her most recent experience having a child in classroom school (something we share).

A sample:
"Sometimes teachers helped me to recognize what I was already doing. They helped me see. Jamie Smith helped me recognize that Morning Time was a liturgy. Stratford Caldecott helped me recognize the places in my home where I had been including remembrance. Charlotte Mason insisted that we must see the world around us. David Hicks often challenges my assumptions, making me re-evaluate my philosophy.  In the end, what I have learned is that most teachers love to learn and love to teach and that is a powerful combination."
Worth a visit!

No comments: