2. What's something you took to 'like a duck to water'?
The best answer would be swimming, wouldn't it?--but in this case no, I was ten before I could even get my feet off the bottom. And we won't even talk about driving.
When I was seven, I took a camping trip through northern Ontario with my grandparents, parents, and sister. Most of the way we drove, but we also travelled to Moosonee on the Polar Bear Express. I did not think the view of "hydroelectric dams and isolated homes" out the train window was that interesting (and there were no polar bears), so my mother pulled a puzzle book out of her bag and introduced me to hidden words. By the end of the trip I was a pro.
3. Empty nest, nest egg, proud as a peacock, free as a bird, birds of a feather flock together, or the early bird catches the worm...choose one and tell us how it currently applies to your life.
My mind is somewhat of an empty nest today, so I'm going to skip that one.
4. Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds...your favorite seed and a favorite food or dish made with that seed or topped with that seed? Have you tried all the seeds on the list? Any you don't care for?
I've probably had them all either accidentally or on purpose. I can take or leave the chia and flax seeds, but I like all the others. Sometimes we buy a poppy seed-filled loaf from the bakery at Eurofoods, and that is a pretty intense hit of poppy.
5. Something in the past week that made you 'happy as a lark'?
Larking around with some summer clothes plans. And then finding a dark blue purse at the thrift store that should fill in the gap I mentioned there. It was in very good shape, but had a problem with one of its metal bits, so my husband is working on that.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I really think the winter coats are going away this week. Loud cheers.
Linked from The Wednesday Hodgepodge at From This Side of the Pond.
It's not been winter coat time here in a while. In my office, on the other hand, it is winter all the time!
Here it has been on and off and on again.
I like poppyseeds in baking. Yum. I enjoyed your answers.
I enjoyed your answers. Your bathroom sounds pretty.
Post a Comment