Wednesday, April 03, 2024

Tossing the Wednesday Hodgepodge Salad

 From this Side of the Pond

1. What's a talent you wish you had? 

My husband's skill with electronics. Still Mr. Fixit after all these years.

I do know how to make chocolate chip cookies.

2. In one word, what's your state of mind right now? 

My mind this afternoon is a salad of 1830's U.S. history, decluttering the hall closet, Canadian politics, a writing project that's due soon, and the potato soup that's cooking in the slow cooker.

3. What's the next major purchase you need to make? Will it happen this month? This year? 

These days just getting a load of groceries qualifies as major.

4. Tuesday (April 2nd) was National PB and J Day...did you celebrate? Is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich something you eat weekly or more? What's your favorite kind of jelly? 

PBJ is more of a once in a while thing than weekly; no special kind of jelly required.

5. Are you easily intimidated? Who or what intimidates you?

Television remotes.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Easter candy from the Eurofoods store.



And a mostly-thrifted Easter outfit. I was not sure at first how these vintage stripes were going to work with my other clothes, but actually they fit in quite well.

4 comments:

Kym said...

Loved your answer to #5! Reminded me that I never have any clue how to do anything with our TV or which remote works what. If it was just me living on my own, I don't think there'd be any point in having a TV Because I wouldn't know how to work it. LOL Hope you have a great week!

Joyce said...

Remotes lol. Yes, we have two different types and I mostly try not to handle them. I hope you're having a nice weekend!

Kirstin said...

I should have said I wish I could make Chocolate chip cookies like my youngest daughter....I can follow the same recipe and they don't turn out the same...lol. They're good, but hers are the way I like them. Ha...yes on the groceries! Oh, those candies look fun. Oooohh I'm going to check out that podcast episode. How fun. I've always thought podcasting could be fun. Love your Easter outfit too. Yay for thrifting!

Mama Squirrel said...

Thanks, Kirstin!