- About Us
- Anne Writes
- A is for Airplane
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- Why you should read Romola
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- Crocheting Posts
- Project 333, Fall 2016: Ordinary Clothes for Ordinary Life
- Project 333, Winter 2016-2017: A Little Different
Monday, April 30, 2007
Filling buckets and lighting fires
I've filled an awful lot of buckets lately. We finished spreading our cubic yard of Black Garden Soil last night...bucket by bucket. And I can tell you all about filling buckets...
It's messy. That black dirt gets all over the place.
It's tiring. It's hard on your back.
It's over and over. The big bag of dirt never seems to end.
The stuff at the bottom is even harder to dig than the stuff on top, because it's so packed down.
If that is education...
I'd rather light fires.