Ponytails and Crayons went on a homeschool field trip this week, to the regional police headquarters where they do childrens' safety sessions. Ponytails was in the older kids' group and learned about bike safety. Crayons was in the fire safety group. She got to "stop, drop and roll"; climbed out an "apartment window" down an escape ladder; and was thoroughly drilled in the dangers of playing with matches and the need to check smoke alarms.
"I know a lot about fire safety now," she told us afterwards.
"Now I just need a fire to practice on."
- About Us
- Anne Writes
- A is for Airplane
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- Why you should read Romola
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- Crocheting Posts
- Project 333, Fall 2016: Ordinary Clothes for Ordinary Life
- Project 333, Winter 2016-2017: A Little Different