Ron at The Abarbablog muses on the culture shock of returning from Uganda, and the parent-shock of realizing that our kids are, indeed, growing up and sometimes doing amazing things we wouldn't have even considered. (This time, nothing involving blood.)
I relate, Ron--The Apprentice started her first real part-time summer job today. And she drove home from the corner store last night (with Mr. Fixit beside her, of course).
Just for fun, who wants to guess what The Apprentice is doing this summer? No fair guessing if I already told you.
a) Washing dishes and serving meals at a nursing home
b) Helping run the library's summer reading program (including face painting at today's kickoff carnival)
c) Helping out in a hair salon (unpinning perms and such)
d) Helping out with a worm-raising project
e) Babysitting six homeschooled kids to give their mom a break
Ooh, this is a tough one...
And the answer was: c) helping out in a hair salon. The Apprentice worked there through the rest of high school and completed a hairstyling apprenticeship.
- About Us
- Mama Squirrel's Twelve Days of Christmas Crafting
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- 2014 Christmas crafts photos and links
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- L'Harmas 2014
- Plans for Grade Eight, 2014-2015
- Lydia's Grade Eight Posts
- Geography posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- A lot of frugal meals
- 18-Inch Dolls (and Crissy)
- Crocheting Posts
- Crochet Class Posts (2012)