- About Us
- Anne Writes
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- Frugal Finds & Fixes
- Charlotte Mason Education
- CM Volume Two Posts
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- Crocheting Posts
- Project 333, Summer 2017
- Project 333, Fall/Winter 2017: Days Given to Us
Wednesday, July 29, 2015
Wednesday Hodgepodge: Tripping Over the Hodgepodge Edition
1. I recently read here about four secrets to happiness from around the world. They were-Overcome your fears by facing them head on, allow yourself to relax and reset, work to live versus living to work, and find the good in life. Not sure if these are the actual secret to happiness, but which of the four do you struggle with most? Which one comes most easily to you?
Struggle with: overcoming fears; but when you "see things for what they are" (Marcus Aurelius, courtesy of Father Tim), they sometimes shrink to manageable size. Not as hard: finding the good in life. One of my daughter's favourite kindergarten books was Good Times on Grandfather Mountain, and it was a good lesson in bad-turned-to-good.
2. How would you spend a found $20 bill today?
I'd get a pizza for dinner. It's too hot to cook.
3. Ego trip, power trip, guilt trip, round trip, trip the light fantastic, or trip over your own two feet...which 'trip' have you experienced or dealt with most recently? Explain.
Round trip. See #5.
4. If you could master any physical skill in the world what would it be, and how would you use that skill?
Driving. Enough said.
5. As July draws to a close, let's take inventory of our summer fun. Since the official first day of (North American) summer (June 20th) have you...been swimming? enjoyed an ice cream cone? seen a summer blockbuster? camped? eaten corn on the cob? gardened? deliberately unplugged? watched a ballgame? picked fruit off the vine? taken a road trip? read a book? Are any of these activities on your must-do-before-summer-ends list?
Swimming, no. Corn on the cob, yes. Read a book, yes, several. Over the last week I took a road trip/400-foot ferry trip/air trip/road trip to the U.S. and back, so that would include several of the above and some you haven't even mentioned including Cameroonian coffee, Vegemite chocolate, and Chicago airport pizza (I don't think it was deep-dish though). And fireworks from the C.N. Tower in Toronto. In a way I did "unplug" during that trip since I misplaced my watch (found when I was repacking to go home).
6. The Republican Presidential candidates will debate on August 6th. What's your question?
I'm staying out of that one.
7. What's your most listened to song so far this summer?
Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers with Thelonious Monk. That's a whole album, not a song, but good enough.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm sad that my praying mantises never hatched. But we can't have everything.
Wednesday Hodgepodge comes courtesy of This Side of the Pond, where you can find the linky and add your own thoughts.