Wednesday, December 20, 2023

The O Christmas Tea Hodgepodge

 From this Side of the Pond

1. Did you do more talking or more listening yesterday? Was it by choice or by necessity? 

Oh, that's right--when I first saw this question, I thought "I should pay attention to this today!" but then I forgot. So I'm not sure; I think it came out about even.

2. Are you a tea drinker? Hot, cold, or both? Flavored? What do you like in your tea? Do you make Christmas tea this time of year? What time of day do you like to sip your tea? 

I have a small collection of teapots, and I will drink tea when it seems the polite thing to do, but I actually like coffee better. So, pretty much no to the rest of the questions.

3. What's an activity you won't try, an event you won't attend, or an athletic challenge you won't take part in not even for 'all the tea in China'

Anything involving the phrase "athletic challenge." 

4. What's something most people seem to love but is not 'your cup of tea'? 

Sushi.

5. How does your family celebrate New Year's Eve? 

When our kids were younger, we used to do theme parties with them. These days, my husband and I might watch an old movie, eat snacks, play a Christmas-gift card game, and somewhat ashamedly fall into bed sometime before 12.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

When we came into church the first week in December, we were each handed a broken piece of coloured glass (with a warning to be careful!). The message was that each of our lives resembles a fragment of a stained-glass window, made complete and brought together by God's hand. I kept forgetting to take that piece of glass out of my purse--but if you're expecting to hear that I cut myself and am going to carry the scar of that fragment on my hand forever, no, I did eventually give it a safe home on top of a vintage canning jar, where the light can be seen through both the clear glass lid and the almost-triangular green shard--which, I've noticed, is almost the shape of a Christmas tree. Maybe even the broken bits have meaning when we look close enough.

Linked from The Wednesday Hodgepodge at From This Side of the Pond.

3 comments:

ellen b. said...

You aren't the first person to say Sushi! :) I'm not a fan either but forgot to list that one. That's interesting about the pieces of glass you were given. A very Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Astrid said...

Loved your random thought! I'm not a Christian, but I do relate to the message provided with the piece of broken glass nonetheless. I also loved your message about the broken pieces having some meaning too.

Chuckled at your answer about the athletic challenge. I can completely relate. Oh and sushi, yes, I don't really like that either.

Joyce said...

I think sushi is one of those foods where there is no middle ground...either you love it or hate it. Mushrooms and coconut are two other foods I find people have strong feelings about one way or the other. I like the broken glass illustration. Wishing you a very merry Christmas!