Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Recording the Wednesday Hodgepodge

 From this Side of the Pond

1. What are you currently juggling in your life?

I don't know that I'm juggling too much right now, at least not compared to some other people I know. Other kinds of circus stunts might seem more appropriate.

2. How often do you buy new clothes? What was the last piece of clothing you purchased?

New as in brand new, or new as in thrifted? Actual clothing or accessories? We are in and out of thrift stores at least once a week, so I have opportunities to buy things there. How often I actually buy anything depends on the season and what I need, though I like surprises too.

The last clothes-related thing I bought was today: a vintage scarf, which will go well with other summer things.

3. What food festival would you most like to attend? 

I can't think of a lot of primarily-food festivals I've ever been to or would want to spend all day at. The Elmira, Ontario Maple Syrup Festival, a couple of times, that's probably it. Maybe you have to be a certain kind of person to gravitate towards rib fests and garlic bonanzas.

4. May is the 5th month of the year. Tell us something you remember about your 5th grade year. 

Fifth grade? Learning to play the recorder in music class (we were so relieved not to have to sing for once); and, I think, crochet in an after-school class one of the teachers led. I still like to crochet, but I haven't played the recorder in years.

5. What are your favorite five words right now? 

Green, because things are. 

Warm, because it is.


Art, because that's mostly what I'm reading about. (Pottery dish bought at a yard sale last weekend)

"On sale," and yes, that's two words.

6. Random thoughts?

I think that's random enough already.

Linked from The Wednesday Hodgepodge at From This Side of the Pond.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh I forgot about the recorder. I think we also learned that in the 5th grade. Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Mama Squirrel said...

Thank you, Joyce! Actually we just had our long weekend here (Victoria Day)--Canada always jumps the gun on that one.

Kirstin said...

Haha...yes the recorder...oh boy. I enjoyed your answers.