Wednesday, June 05, 2024

Put down your phone, it's the Wednesday Hodgepodge.

 

From this Side of the Pond
1. It's National Cheese Day (June 4)...does anyone not like cheese? What's your favorite? Last thing you ate or made with cheese? 

Cheese is good! We are not too sophisticated about it here, but I do like getting a bit of real Parmesan to grate over things--it makes me feel like a proper grownup cook.

2. Last time you were instructed to 'say cheese!'? How do you feel about having your picture taken? 

Not fond of it.  Too many bad memories of school pictures.

3. What's your travel packing strategy? Are you typically a light packer or do you throw in everything but the kitchen sink? When flying do you check a bag or aim for carry on only? 

I don't travel frequently, but when I do, I like to go as small as possible. Here's the story I posted last year about flying underseat-only (and why I chose to go that way). 

4. What is it about people's cell phone habits that you find most annoying? 

Taking videos of live performances, instead of just watching them. I see these whole rows of phones being held up, and I have to wonder...

5. What will be your summer mantra/slogan? 

Enjoy the peaches, summer is short.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

The year is swishing by. Seems the leaves have just come out on the trees, and before you know it they'll be turning. There's always work to do, but we need to make time in our lives for the sunshine. And that is as random as I'm able to get right now.

Linked from The Wednesday Hodgepodge at From This Side of the Pond.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

I'm ready for summmer peaches and we get good ones here in SC. It's still just a little early but I look forward to them every year. Enjoy your day!

Kym said...

Oh yes I agree with you on your answer to #4. I usually take a few photos when I'm at a concert or sports event, but I think it's strange that so many people seem to have their phone out for the whole thing. Does anyone actually WATCH their video of the concert again? And what are you missing by viewing life on the small screen instead of actually experiencing it?

Hope you're having a great week!

Kirstin said...

Boy, I'm really late commenting on this one. I'm on vacation so didn't post to this weeks, so I figured I'd go back and comment on this HP. I enjoyed your answers. I try to pack somewhat light, but still manage to pack too much.