Thursday, April 09, 2009

Time to bake

The computer's been unavailable (still ailing) most of the day, so I'm just checking in now (late afternoon). Mr. Fixit took Crayons to her craft club (usually I go too, but today I didn't have to), and Ponytails was at school...boy, it was quiet here. I got some baking done for the weekend: whole wheat bread in the machine, date-walnut bars, cranberry-orange loaf (which didn't turn out quite as well as it usually does--I think I got it a bit damp), and Rigglevake Cookies, as a nod to our Waterloo County roots. That one kept me busy for awhile, but we do have a great big container full of chewy-crispy spirals (see the photo at Jasmine's post).

2 comments:

Tori said...

Congrats on the afternooon of hard work. I didn't look in detail at the directions, or anything, but MAN those cookies look yummy. :)

Mama Squirrel said...

The Squirrelings seem to approve. ;-)