P is for today's schooltime Poem: "The Chambered Nautilus," by Oliver Wendell Holmes.
"This is the ship of pearl, which, poets feign,
Sails the unshadowed main,--
The venturous bark that flings
On the sweet summer wind its purpled wings
In gulfs enchanted, where the Siren sings,
And coral reefs lie bare,
Where the cold sea-maids rise to sun their streaming hair...."
Linked from Poetry Ceilidh at The Beehive.
- About Us
- Anne Writes
- A is for Airplane
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- Why you should read Romola
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- Crocheting Posts
- Project 333, Fall 2016: Ordinary Clothes for Ordinary Life
- Project 333, Winter 2016-2017: A Little Different