1. If you're at all interested in the era of the Spanish Armada, or just like good book talk, and you happen to be registered at the AmblesideOnline forum, you should check out the recently-begun discussion on Charles Kingsley's novel Westward Ho! Before I ever knew what that book was about, or much about Charles Kingsley either, I assumed that anything called Westward Ho! must have something to do with covered wagons. Westward, for Kingsley, meant westward from Britain, across the Atlantic--and not necessarily to the location you'd think, either. Anyway, come join the first-time-through readers for some speculation about whether Rose will become a worthy heroine or not.
2. Karen Glass recently posted about a startling painting she saw in London's National Gallery.
3. To Sow a Seed posted on the fulfilling aspects of work.
4. Donna-Jean posted about the importance of "morning by morning."
5. A Holy Experience posted about what it means to be brave.
All worthy of your time and attention.
- About Us
- Anne Writes
- A is for Airplane
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- Why you should read Romola
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- Crocheting Posts
- Project 333, Fall 2016: Ordinary Clothes for Ordinary Life