Friday, April 06, 2018

Frugal finds and fixes...and to be fixed fixes

Finds, clothes: I may have mentioned before (ahem) that I have bought my share of thrifted things that didn't work out so well. Either I misjudged the size (the too-small leggings, the baggy tank top), or I tried them on (again) at home and wondered what I was thinking (the old-lady pants).

So I dropped those things off this morning (volunteer day). And afterwards, I found a few things that do fit and that I do like.

Dark grey leggings with pleather trim:
A grey (maybe taupe) cotton t-shirt from "Gran Canaria," and a necklace with the same flower shapes:

Finds, not clothes: I was cleaning out cookbooks in the back room at the thrift store, and came across this box of recipe cards.
I didn't care about the cards; I just wanted the pretty box for a kitchen decoration.
But I might use some of the recipes too.
I brought home just one book: T.S. Eliot's play The Cocktail Party.

Fixes: Remember the thrifted necklace on the right?
I was putting it on last Sunday, and the thread broke. Luckily, only a few of the beads came off, and Mr. Fixit says he can mend it with some knots and fabric glue (on hand).
Proofreading a new book also counts as fixing. (Coming soon.)

No comments: