Friday, June 01, 2018

The Intentional Thrifter: The most fun you can have with a "large ladies" sweater

Today was a busy day at the thrift store, because we are having a big June book sale and there was lots of pricing to do. But I did have a few minutes at the end to go shopping. The bargain rack today was mostly men's clothes, and the dresses were sparse, so I checked out my "second tier" of clothing areas: accessories and "larger ladies." Don't laugh, I've found great stuff hanging there.

 This is what I found first: a big purple scarf with pink roses. Definitely a keeper.
From the "large" aisle: I liked this long cardigan even before I tried it on, and then I realized it has a bonus lighter grey inner layer. You can put one layer or the other to the outside.
Or tie them up together. Or even wear it upside down if you're feeling adventurous. This one is also a keeper, although I probably won't be able to wear it much now until the fall. We've had a heat wave here for the last week.
Two thrifty treasures, and a teaching book as well: fifteen minutes well spent.

No comments: