Wednesday, July 29, 2020

The Nature of Thrifting (Part Two)


A big part of thrifting is being adaptable, but also knowing what it's worth to you to fix, clean, or make over. I bought a pair of grey pants a couple of weeks ago, but they turned out to have an extra-wide elastic panel around the waist that I didn't like, plus that panel was a bit stretched out and I wasn't sure if I could ever make them fit well enough to be worth it. Yesterday I found a similar pair, without the panel, so yay!

But on the same trip, I found a skirt: teal and grey, in a style I liked, but too big. That one, I decided, was worth working on to make it fit. It took all morning because I'm a slow pinner and sewer, but I did get it to a wearable state. Yay again.
So are you up for a game?

What do you think this set of three little bowls was intended for?
How many things could you use them for?

Sauce for Chinese food or sushi? Salsa?

Cute little prep dishes when you're cooking?

Used-teabag holders?

Holding your rings?

Something to hold the violets or dandelions your kids bring you without any stems?

Tiny little desserts or salads?

Candle holders?
Well, this is what they're meant to be:
Bread dipping oil bowls.
But sometimes it pays to think outside the bowl.

No comments: