Scene: too early in the morning. Mama Squirrel brings in the morning paper (pretty thin, it's Tuesday) and flips through it before putting the breakfast dishes on the table. She reaches the comics page.
Crayons: I want to read the comics.
Mama Squirrel: Okay.
Crayons: What's that say? "I..."
Mama Squirrel: "I am not."
Crayons: "I am not."
Mama Squirrel: Could you take that somewhere else so I can put the dishes on the table?
Crayons and Ponytails take the paper into the living room. A few minutes later, Mama Squirrel hears wild laughter. Ponytails comes back through the kitchen, but Crayons is still laughing.
Mama Squirrel: What's so funny?
Ponytails: She's pretending she can read the comics.
Crayons (from the living room): Ha ha hee hee ho ho...
Two minutes later, Crayons appears in the kitchen with the newspaper on her head.
Crayons: You don't know who I am. I'm an ant and I deliver your paper.
Mama Squirrel: Thank you, Miss Ant. Do ants like juice?
Crayons: Yes. Can I pour my own?
Mama Squirrel: Sure...
And it's not even 7:30 yet...
- About Us
- Mama Squirrel's Twelve Days of Christmas Crafting
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- 2014 Christmas crafts photos and links
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- L'Harmas 2014
- Plans for Grade Eight, 2014-2015
- Lydia's Grade Eight Posts
- Geography posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- A lot of frugal meals
- 18-Inch Dolls (and Crissy)
- Crocheting Posts
- Crochet Class Posts (2012)