Sunday, December 31, 2006

Treehouse Recipe Index for 2006

[Reposted and updated]

Here's a roundup of the recipes we posted this year on Dewey's Treehouse. I didn't include the ones that were only given as a link. And I should note that most of these aren't original: they came from Food that Really Schmecks, Whole Foods for the Whole Family, The Harrowsmith Cookbook, Vegetarian Times, Canadian Living, and friends who like to cook.

[Update note: one might THINK, especially after viewing the November and December recipes, that we eat nothing in the Treehouse but chocolate. Mama Squirrel thinks that would be nice, but it isn't true. As our New Year's Resolution, we promise to provide a few slightly more healthful recipes in 2007.]

January
Kitchener Special
Kasha-Vegetable Pilaf
Sugar-free Banana Prune Bread

February
Subversive Tuna Recipe (Tuna Wrap-Up)
Raisin Sesame Cookies

March
Cocoa-Ricotta Cream
Beef and Green Bean Stir Fry
Dulcie's Macaroni Meal in a Skillet

April
Good Friday Kiffle (or Kolacky or Kolache)--one of our most-Googled recipes

May
Coffeemamma's Sour Cream Rhubarb Muffins

July
No-Bake Brownies

August
Hungarian Stew
Swiss-Cashew Salad, Our Version
Serendipity and the DHM's Chicken Recipe

September
Tofu Chocolate Pie

October
Cranberry-Apricot Loaf
Pumpkin Gingerbread Snacking Cake
Edna Staebler's Glorious Golden Pumpkin Pie

November
Small Chocolate Cake
Rather Retro Recipe (Lemon Dessert)
Jam Bars
Chocolate Fingers

December
Christmas Day Lunch (Jiggle Bells and Star of the East Salad Plate)
Chocolate-Apricot Confections
Chocolate-Hazelnut Slices or Crescents


Our 2005 Recipe Index

3 comments:

Marsha said...

My favourite recipe from Dewey's Treehouse this year is ... Tofu Chocolate Pie. I have made it 3 or 4 times since you first published it. On Christmas Eve I made an adaptation of my Grandma's Cream of Celery soup (which has vegetable stock instead of cream or milk). For dessert I made your tofu chocolate pie ... after the first few times I ditched the crust & made it a mousse. On Christmas Eve I put less chocolate & used low-sugar raspberry jam ... it was more raspberry, less chocolate & a little less rich than the original recipe. So thanks to Dewey's Treehouse. I consider it a triumph to come add a winning recipe to my collection with our gluten free/acid free/milk products free limitations.

Mama Squirrel said...

Thanks, Marsha! We get a surprising number of people Googling for that recipe, too.

Birdie said...

It all sounds yummy. Too bad I'm a diabetic! Sigh.

I just wanted to make sure to stop by and wish you and your family the happiest and most blessed of new years. I also wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed reading your blog during the old year. Thanks for sharing your life!