Two favourite things so far: Crayons really likes both The Trail of the Conestoga and Great Expectations, so we've gotten ahead on those. We've gotten the Bricker family just across the Niagara river to Canada (they used their wagons as boats), and as far as Pip's fist fight with the "pale young gentleman."
We've looked at inclined planes and wedges, and are moving onto screws.
Crayons is researching the life of Nathaniel Bowditch.
We've talked about the different ways vines grow, and we've gone outside to look for purslane.
We know where Port Huron and Sarnia are.
The Pet Store business is off to a good start.
We've learned about chalk, and foraminiferae.
And we've listened to some of Moussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition."
Not bad for three weeks.
- About Us
- Anne Writes
- A is for Airplane
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- Why you should read Romola
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- Crocheting Posts
- Project 333, Fall 2016: Ordinary Clothes for Ordinary Life
- Project 333, Winter 2016-2017: A Little Different