“Here is one,” says the father [of a new baby], “who will possess the capacity to embark upon independent research, who will present arguments that balance claim and counterclaim.”
“Here is one,” says the mother, “who will meet the Common Core Requirement anchor standards and high school grade-specific standards, which work in tandem to define college and career readiness expectations, the former providing broad standards, the latter providing additional specificity.”
I did not make that last sentence up.
- About Us
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- Crocheting Posts
- Project 333 Clothes, or, Who Cares What You Wear?
- Sweaters that wrap, vests that tie, scarves that pretty things up
Sunday, February 24, 2013
Life Under Compulsion: The Dehumanities, by Anthony Esolen at Front Porch Republic. Part of a series mentioned at Suitable for Mixed Company.