1. Mrs McGillicuddy panted along the platform...4:50 From Paddington (alternate title: What Mrs. McGillicuddy Saw), by Agatha Christie.
2."Do they sing 'Happy Birthday'?" Star wanted to know....Betsy's Winterhouse, by Carolyn Haywood.
3.What was inside looked very shiny--shiny as gold, and very complicated...Maggie Rose: Her Birthday Christmas, by Ruth Sawyer
4. "How would you like to go to a Christmas Eve party tonight?" he asked...The Family Under the Bridge, by Natalie Savage Carlson.
5. For the first Christmas in our lives, we children did not get to see the big city stores and the wonderful window displays...Mama's Bank Account, by Kathryn Forbes.
Here are the answers for the Houseguests Quiz.
1. "Tiddly, widdly, widdly, Mrs. ; you seem to have plenty of visitors!"...The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse, by Beatrix Potter.
2. There was a chirpy noise, and a small striped Chipmunk appeared with a night light, and hoped he felt better?...The Tale of Timmy Tiptoes, by Beatrix Potter
3. That night more strangers came. The next night there were more...By the Shores of Silver Lake, by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
4. Her aunt was muttering as she swept, as if she were talking to herself....Magic Elizabeth, by Norma Kassirer.
5. Then, in 1939, came the World War, and just before it came Cathy..."San Fairy Ann," in The Little Bookroom, by Eleanor Farjeon.
6. "She's in the guest room," he said....A Light in the Window, by Jan Karon.
8. "And the Wild Wooders have been living in Toad Hall ever since....": The Wind in the Willows, by Kenneth Grahame.
10. And she brought forth her firstborn son...The Gospel of Luke.