Jeanne is asking for the names of ten books that stuck with us in some way. I don't have the pile of books to take a nice photo like she did, but here's a very incomplete list.
1. Winnie the Pooh
2. What is a Family?, by Edith Schaeffer
3. Tears of Silence, by Jean Vanier
4. The Pilgrim's Progress
5. The Tightwad Gazette
6. Who Do You Think You Are?, by Alice Munro (very Southern-Ontario-gothic)
7. The Blue Castle, by L.M. Montgomery
8. The Educated Imagination, by Northrop Frye
9. 101 Famous Poems
10. The Heart Has Its Own Reasons
11. Brave New World. Had to be in there somewhere.
12. Material World, by Peter Menzel.
Which leaves no room for Charlotte Mason, David Hicks, Jean Little, Jan Karon, Elizabeth Enright, Sir Walter Scott, Don Aslett, Narnia, Shakespeare, Rumer Godden, Ray Bradbury, Dickens, Plutarch, or Mother Goose. But you can't have everything.
- About Us
- Anne Writes
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- Frugal Finds & Fixes
- Charlotte Mason Education
- CM Volume Two Posts
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- Crocheting Posts
- Project 333, Fall/Winter 2017: Days Given to Us
- Project 333: Winter Interlude
- Three years of Quote for the Day