Jeanne is asking for the names of ten books that stuck with us in some way. I don't have the pile of books to take a nice photo like she did, but here's a very incomplete list.
1. Winnie the Pooh
2. What is a Family?, by Edith Schaeffer
3. Tears of Silence, by Jean Vanier
4. The Pilgrim's Progress
5. The Tightwad Gazette
6. Who Do You Think You Are?, by Alice Munro (very Southern-Ontario-gothic)
7. The Blue Castle, by L.M. Montgomery
8. The Educated Imagination, by Northrop Frye
9. 101 Famous Poems
10. The Heart Has Its Own Reasons
11. Brave New World. Had to be in there somewhere.
12. Material World, by Peter Menzel.
Which leaves no room for Charlotte Mason, David Hicks, Jean Little, Jan Karon, Elizabeth Enright, Sir Walter Scott, Don Aslett, Narnia, Shakespeare, Rumer Godden, Ray Bradbury, Dickens, Plutarch, or Mother Goose. But you can't have everything.
- About Us
- Anne Writes
- A is for Airplane
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- Why you should read Romola
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- Crocheting Posts
- Project 333, Fall 2016: Ordinary Clothes for Ordinary Life