Wednesday, January 07, 2015

What's for supper? Slow Cooker (Chicken) Burrito Bowl

Tonight's dinner menu:

For those who eat meat: Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl  (thanks, Heather)

For those who don't: Hillbilly Housewife's Taco Style Lentils and Rice, minus the bouillon cubes and with more lentils than rice
Taco toppings, whatever seems to be in the fridge: cheese, sour cream, chopped vegetables, salsa, some blue-corn tortilla chips we bought last week
Last night's Applesauce Spice Star Muffins.

6 comments:

Lily Whalen said...

I know what we're having for supper tonight! The meatless option :)

Mama Squirrel said...

I like the meatless version, but Heather just posted the link to the chicken dish and I wanted to try it too. (It made a LOT.)

Lily Whalen said...

I forgot to add the cheese and we didn't put it in taco shells, but I found it tasted much better with Diana Sauce (honey garlic) :) Always open to trying new things!

Mama Squirrel said...

We often make the leftovers into soup, maybe with some corn or other beans added in.

Lily Whalen said...

Yes, I thought of throwing the leftovers in with soup or beans also. Maybe I'll do that today!

Mama Squirrel said...

That's what we're having (and frozen pizza).