Sunday, January 11, 2015

School plans for the week (Lydia's Grade Eight)

We are following a slightly more structured schedule this winter (a few more daily "must do's"), and the first week went pretty well, so I have to figure out how big a piece of the month's work we can or should try to fit into the second week.

Things that are pretty much laid out: Bible readings, grammar, math, Latin.

Other things we will probably be reading: Seeing the Mystery, the second half of Chapter 2. Churchill's The New World, continuing to unpack chapter 13 on Charles I. One chapter of The Trial of Charles I. Ourselves Book II, Chapter IV, "The Will and its Peers."  Whatever Happened to Justice, chapter 20, "Liberty vs. Permission." The Merchant of Venice, reading Act II.  Fierce Wars and Faithful Loves, Cantos Four and Five. Working on The Roar on the Other Side. Finishing Chapter 10 of How to Read a Book.

Geography: reading about Christopher Ondaatje's journey to Zanzibar.

Some nature and art, and if we can do them together, even better.

4 comments:

The Apprentice said...

Off to Zanzibar, to see the Zanzibarbarians!!

Mama Squirrel said...

How did I know somebody would say that...

they call me mommy said...

I love hearing plans! :) Thanks!

Mama Squirrel said...

For "they call me mommy": you did know these are from last year?