1. Did you watch the Charlie Brown Christmas special Monday night? Who's your favorite Peanuts character and why?
No, I didn't, but we have a VHS set of the Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Hallowe'en specials (though I admit I miss the Dolly Madison commercials). Which character? Snoopy--he's got the most imagination. Woodstock is the best interior decorator.
2. Describe a sound from your childhood. What does this sound bring to mind?
The buzzing of the electric Snoopy toothbrush? (I think it lasted a few months...)
3. You've won a trip to a winter wonderland...would that excite you? Which one of the following would you most want to experience (or which one would you dislike the least)-see the Aurora Borealis in Norway, stay in Sweden's Ice Hotel, go dogsledding in Lapland Finland, take a winter wildlife safari in Yellowstone or celebrate Winter Carnival in Quebec?
Yes, I'm Canadian, but cold is not my thing. Could you win me a ticket to someplace warm instead?
4. Who or what keeps you humble?
The philosophy of Charles M. Schulz.
Our Advent wreath.
6. Gingerbread-yay or nay? Is making a gingerbread house part of your family holiday tradition?
I love ginger: ginger cookies, ginger tea, gingerbread cake. But Lydia discovered this year that she's sensitive to cinnamon and ginger, so I'm cutting back the spices in this year's baking. We don't usually make gingerbread houses anyway because I don't like eating dusty candy.
7. What's one thing you want to start, do, or complete before the calendar rolls into a new year?
I want to finish reading The Divine Comedy. Most of this month I was busy and wasn't reading much, so I just finished Purgatory last night, but I'm hoping to get through Paradise by the end of the year.
Linked from the Good Grief Hodgepodge at From This Side of the Pond.