Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Good Grief It's the Hodgepodge Edition

 

1. Did you watch the Charlie Brown Christmas special Monday night? Who's your favorite Peanuts character and why?

No, I didn't, but we have a VHS set of the Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Hallowe'en specials (though I admit I miss the Dolly Madison commercials). Which character? Snoopy--he's got the most imagination. Woodstock is the best interior decorator.


This is my well-worn t-shirt from about 1969. It's a child's size 3 or 4.

2. Describe a sound from your childhood. What does this sound bring to mind? 

The buzzing of the electric Snoopy toothbrush? (I think it lasted a few months...)



3. You've won a trip to a winter wonderland...would that excite you? Which one of the following would you most want to experience (or which one would you dislike the least)-see the Aurora Borealis in Norway, stay in Sweden's Ice Hotel, go dogsledding in Lapland Finland, take a winter wildlife safari in Yellowstone or celebrate Winter Carnival in Quebec? 

Yes, I'm Canadian, but cold is not my thing. Could you win me a ticket to someplace warm instead?

4. Who or what keeps you humble? 

The philosophy of Charles M. Schulz.

5. What part of preparing for Christmas do you like the most? Explain. 

Our Advent wreath.



6. Gingerbread-yay or nay? Is making a gingerbread house part of your family holiday tradition?

I love ginger: ginger cookies, ginger tea, gingerbread cake. But Lydia discovered this year that she's sensitive to cinnamon and ginger, so I'm cutting back the spices in this year's baking. We don't usually make gingerbread houses anyway because I don't like eating dusty candy.

7. What's one thing you want to start, do, or complete before the calendar rolls into a new year? 

I want to finish reading The Divine Comedy. Most of this month I was busy and wasn't reading much, so I just finished Purgatory last night, but I'm hoping to get through Paradise by the end of the year.

Linked from the Good Grief Hodgepodge at From This Side of the Pond.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Visiting you today from Joyce's Hodgepodge. You have a delightful blog. I love the names you have given your family members in the "about us" page. Also, what a fun way to describe how you figured out your direction in life!!

I had forgot about Woodstock's decorating talents. Thanks for bringing that to mind.

Blessings to you and yours from Colorado.

Mama Squirrel said...

Hi Barbara! Thanks for stopping by!

Denise said...

great answers

Cheryl said...

That's so neat that you have your t-shirt from back in the day. I love it! I also loved your quote from Charles Schulz!

Mama Squirrel said...

Cheryl, I like the quote but I also appreciate whoever it was that arranged it with the artwork--I'm sorry I can't give proper credit.

Dawn said...

The Dolly Madison commercials! Thank you for the unexpected blast from the past, Mama Squirrel!