Thursday, July 19, 2018

Quote for the day: Perhaps this is the answer to everything.

"Captain Sisko (voiceover): Captain's log, stardate 50929.4. Two days ago, this station felt like a tomb. I'd never seen so many of my crew depressed at the same time. But for some reason, it now seems as though a new spirit has swept through the station, as if someone had opened a door and let a gust of fresh air blow through a musty old house. Why this is happening, frankly, is a mystery to me. After all, nothing has really changed. The Dominion is still a threat, the Cardassians are still threatening to retake the station, and I can still see the clouds of war gathering on the horizon. So why do I sense a newfound sense of optimism in the air? But maybe I'm overthinking this. Maybe the real explanation is as simple as something my father taught me a long time ago: even in the darkest moments, you can always find something that'll make you smile."
(Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, "In the Cards")

2 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

No wonder I like you guys. Not only a love of books but you quote from Deep Space Nine! :)

Mama Squirrel said...

Brenda, we are working our way through DS9 for the first time--never saw it when it was first on.