Wednesday, February 07, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Books, More Books

Here are the answers for this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. Click the graphic to see the rest at From This Side of the Pond.

From this Side of the Pond
1. Something you've waited for recently? 

This box of books that arrived this week! (Getting that "bit of work" done has been a major occupation since last fall.)


2. What's something you loved to do as a child? 

Dig holes in the sand.

Look for books at the library.

Listen to tunes on my little record player.

3. Something you learned from a grandparent? 

My grandmother taught me that you are never too old or too young to enjoy reading. And marshmallow peanuts.

4. The most visited cities in the world last year (according to this site) were-Bangkok, Paris, London, Dubai, and Singapore. Have you been to any of the cities mentioned? Which would you most like to see? How do you feel about international travel in general these days? 

None of the above, and no immediate plans to do so. If you want some imaginary virtual travel, though, you can follow Betty Bunny around Rabbit Land

5. February is the perfect month to ______________________.

--have Valentine's Day and Ash Wednesday on the same day! Not to mention celebrating our blog's nineteenth anniversary, sad and neglected as it may be.

(photo from an earlier blog-a-versary)

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Some people do videos about their thrift hauls. I haven't hauled much over the past month, other than a scarf, a couple of books, and some candles. Oh, and a purple suede jacket that I totally wasn't looking for, but that is a good replacement for two fake-leather jackets that were starting to show their dubious origins.

However, yesterday I was given two whole bags of Dickens novels by a family member. Sometimes you have to go out looking for things, but sometimes they find you instead. Where does one put twenty-seven volumes of Dickens? Well, that's not even a question. It's the book equivalent of shove over, everybody, and make room.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Streams in the Desert is a wonderful book. It's been ages since I've read it, but maybe will revisit that one this year. I've been blogging for 15 years now. It's not what it once was, but I still enjoy writing and the blogging community. I find it friendlier for the most part than social media sites. Have a great day!

ellen b. said...

I didn't realize that Ash Wednesday lands on Valentine's day this year. Congrats on 19 years blogging. I'll have to add up my years. You reminded me about what fun it was to look for books at the library in my elementary years. This whole week has gotten away from me and I'm late visiting Hodgepodgers! Happy Thursday to you.

Kym said...

Happy Blog-versary! I don't know offhand, but I think I've been blogging for around eighteen or so years - hard to believe! Have a great week!