Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Midway There

 From this Side of the Pond

1. February is coming to a close. Give us a two-word phrase that tells us something about how yours went.

No snow.

Until today.

And where we live, that's pretty unusual.

2. If you had to describe how you're feeling right now as an amusement park ride, what ride are you on? Explain. 

That's kind of hard, because you could be, for example, happily going around on a Ferris wheel, or you could be stuck at the top and feeling seasick.

Well, let's say that right now I'm walking around the midway, figuring out how to use up some tickets.

3. What's something on your desk or a nearby wall that cheers you up when you see it or walk past?

The artwork we've gradually added to the loft room where the computer lives. It's so nice to have enough walls for that! Two Group of Seven prints, two Mark Rothko prints, a poster of quilts from a museum in Lancaster County, and a folksy picture of a country store that we found at a thrift store and just liked. 

4.  Are you a salad eater? How many salads do you typically eat in a week? Your favorite kind of salad? 

No, we are not big on salads here, especially in the last few years as salad vegetables have become very expensive and often not very good either. Sometimes we buy a bagged salad on sale, the kind that has chopped kale or cabbage in it. We eat some of it that night, and turn the rest into a stir-fry.

5. Without telling us the category give us your top five ______________. 

Sun-dried tomatoes

Mushrooms

Italian sausage

Black olives

Extra cheese

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

A thrifted dish for springtime thoughts. Except not so much for today, the blusteriest, wettest, coldest mess of a day I think we've had all month.


Linked from The Wednesday Hodgepodge at From This Side of the Pond.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

I'm so surprised by how many today do not eat salads, or eat one rarely. I guess I thought everyone loved a salad. I grew up having a tossed salad every night and still love one today. I like your list of five things...that's been a fun one to read today. Stay warm!

Kym said...

I loved your answer to #2! Made me chuckle, and I know the feeling. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is not a big salad eater - seemed like everyone else LOVES salads and to me they are just okay. ;-)

Kirstin said...

Your thrifted dish is pretty. I enjoyed your answers. We got snow right at the end of January and bits and pieces in February.