Well, if not school, at least learning.
"...they never got so far as to learn that knowledge is delightful because one likes it; and that no effort at self-education can do anything until one has found out this supreme delightfulness of knowledge." ~~ Charlotte Mason, "Too Wide a Mesh," epilogue to Towards a Philosophy of Education
And in that sense, according to Charlotte Mason, the education of the Grenfell twins was a failure.
Check that off your list of standards.
- About Us
- Anne Writes
- A is for Airplane
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- Why you should read Romola
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- Crocheting Posts
- Project 333, Fall 2016: Ordinary Clothes for Ordinary Life