Tonight's dinner menu:
Slow cooker filled in layers: sauerkraut, frozen barley cubes, kielbasa-type sausage, whole mushrooms, and sliced celery added later on. I unloaded the sausage, mushrooms and celery into a serving bowl, and served the sauerkraut-barley layer separately.
Pumpkin-spice yeast bread, from a recipe in the bread-machine owner's manual. I hadn't tried this one before, but it's a keeper. Ponytails says it would be good with apple butter.
Almonds and mini rice cakes
Vanilla pudding, thawed blueberries
- About Us
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- Crocheting Posts
- Project 333 Clothes, or, Who Cares What You Wear?
- Sweaters that wrap, vests that tie, scarves that pretty things up