Also called: the importance of commas. Especially when the original attempt at humour falls flat.
I read this to Lydia this morning, from Gary Parker's Exploring the World Around You:
"Consumers include plant eaters or herbivores....An organism that eats anything, such as a teenager, is an omnivore."
Lydia, understandably, looked at me in horror.
Even with the commas, that's a bit creepy, don't you think?
- About Us
- Anne Writes
- A is for Airplane
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- Frugal Finds & Fixes
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- Why you should read Romola
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- Crocheting Posts
- Project 333, Winter 2016-2017: A Little Different
- Project 333: Winter's End 2017