Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge: Springing Up

Why not join the Wednesday Hodgepodge? Answer the questions on your own blog, then hop back to From This Side of the Pond (click on the graphic) to share answers with the universe. See you there!


From this Side of the Pond

1. Has spring sprung in your part of the world? How can you tell? Did March come in like a lion where you live? Going out like a lamb or something more ferocious?

It took awhile to warm up, but things are starting to turn green now.


2. The last thing that caused you to spring to your feet?


Probably the stove timer reminding me that the banana bread was done. I could not live without a timer, I'd burn everything

3. Do you have a spring clean to-do list? What's one chore on the list you've already managed to accomplish? What spring clean chore do you most dread?


Short answer: we just clean as we go.

4. Tell us something you've learned about yourself or the wider world as a result of social distancing/the virus crisis.


In the worst crisis scenario I could think of, I never thought I'd have to include "No thrift stores."

5. Something you love that's the color pink?


6. Insert your own random thought here.

I included this quote in a recent post, but it also seems appropriate for this week's theme.


"We do not stir. It is a hard lesson...Of course YOU know how to keep still, for you are children. And so perhaps you do not need to take lessons of teacher Toad. But I do, for I am grown up...with a world of things to do, a great many of which I do not need to do at all--if only I would let the toad teach me all he knows." Dallas Lore Sharp, The Spring of the Year


Linked from the Wednesday Hodgepodge: Springing Back Into the Hodgepodge at From This Side of the Pond.

7 comments:

Theresa said...

Cleaning as you go is what I try to teach my kids. That way you don't end up with an overwhelming mess. I agree kitchen timers are essential. Have a good rest of the week :)

ellen b. said...

Love the quote in your random thought. I like that "clean as you go". There are a lot of things we'll enjoy returning to when this is over...

Mama Squirrel said...

Thanks for stopping by, Ellen and Theresa!

A Joyful Chaos said...

I really miss thrift stores too. Not only for browsing, but for being able to donate things. I have a stack of stuff here that needs to go, but the way it sounds it will be a while yet.

Blessings, and stay well!

Sue said...

Cleaning as you go is the best, cu quote you shared.
enjoyed your answers.
have a blessed evening.
Sue

Sally said...

Love that pendant.

Mama Squirrel said...

Thanks, Sally! I knew I wouldn't wear it much as a pin, but I thought it would work as a necklace.