One of Grandpa Squirrel's recent weekend papers (The Star) ran this article about projected rising food costs in Canada.
If you search Google News for related articles about higher food prices, you'll see similar articles in papers from the UK and Australia.
Actually I hadn't thought that prices around here had been that bad lately--it has seemed like we've been getting more groceries for the money, at least at the discount supermarket. We've found some very good deals on meat and day-old bread. But according to the article, we're in a bit of a safe bubble around here (check out this new-model upscale grocery)--and it could pop any time.
Not to spread black clouds around...but it's always good to be reminded. You never know when your saving skills may be what keeps your family going.
- About Us
- Mama Squirrel's Twelve Days of Christmas Crafting
- Christmas Past, Christmas Present(s)
- 2014 Christmas crafts photos and links
- Charlotte Mason Education
- Herbartianism Posts
- CM Volume Three Posts
- CM Volume Four Posts
- CM Volume Five Posts
- CM Volume Six Posts
- L'Harmas 2014
- Plans for Grade Eight, 2014-2015
- Lydia's Grade Eight Posts
- Geography posts
- A Treasury of Thrift, a Feast of Frugality
- A lot of frugal meals
- 18-Inch Dolls (and Crissy)
- Crocheting Posts
- Crochet Class Posts (2012)