Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Of thrift stores and other things (Do-Vember #2)

Do-Vember

If you were expecting a post today about Pinteresty chocolate-covered cross-stitching, I'm not quite there yet. I have been running through some of what I've saved, deleting a few pins, moving a few.

Today's Do-Vember post is inspired by the pinned post "10 Things You Should Always Find at Thrift Stores (Before Paying Retail)," from the blog Sunlit Spaces. I think we've bought nine out the ten things on her list: yes to jewelry, shoes, furniture, books, vinyl records, and so on. About the only thing mentioned there that I don't remember ever thrifting is "anything cast iron," mainly because our house came with some cast iron pans (among other things), and we weren't looking for more.

So in celebration of thrifting and Pinterest, this is me today in the back yard, wearing mostly thrifted clothes, including my cost-a-dollar handmade fake suede purple coat. The scarf isn't thrifted, but I finally figured out a knot I'd seen several times on Pinterest, so now I can unpin that one.

1 comment:

Heather said...

You look lovely, Mama Squirrel!